With its about 8 million people, the capital of Thailand seems to be a chaotic city with dust and dirt, but the ones that exceed this first impression will discover its amazing beauty. In the morning the fog rises from the Chao Phraya River and reveals the golden spiral towers of the great palace and other temples offering a unique landscape and a good place to . Check for your flights also.
The town was built in 1972 replacing the little and old capital, Ayutthaya. The International Airport Suvarnabhumi is about 45 minutes taxi drive far from the downtown.
For transportation the fastest way is Skytrain but it does not cover all the areas so you may have to use taxi, boats or tuk-tuk.
» Places to see during your holiday:
• It is recommended to start your tour with a visit of Rattanakosin, where you will find the former royal residence and Wat Phra Kaeo, Temple of the Emerald Buddha, one of the largest temples in the world. For a great landscape you have to climb 320 stairs on the Golden Mountain.
• In the night you can enjoy a healthy Thailand dinner on Khao San Street and then a national dance show in the National Theatre.
• If you love to visit temples is better to rent a boat and go up the river to Banglamphu to see Wat In, Standing Buddha Temple.
From here you can walk to Thon Buri. After the visit you can try the markets in Chinatown and Small India to buy natural aliments.
• As Bangkok is famous for its markets, in the weekend you must not miss Chatuchak, an amazing and big market where you can find almost everything you want.
• Other sites to see outside the city: floating market from Damnoen Saduak (it is just 2 hours from the city), the bridge on river Kwai, visit the malls in Siam and MBK.
» Practical tips:
• stay far of the polluted streets, rent a boat, it’s cheap and offers great landscapes.
• when you discuss with local try to keep respect for the king and royal family.
• do not leave the city without buying a Thai massage. After 3000 years the techniques have a divine perfection.
Read more from Alex on Book-villas.com