Many of the most beautiful mansions and gardens are situated in South of England in Cotswolds, Hampshire, Sussex, Wiltshire and Kent.
If you choose a holiday package in England, then spring is the best season in order to enjoy of its spectacular gardens.
Most of the mansions are situated one hour train journey from London but is recommended to rent a car in order to combine the visits and make a complete tour.
So it is advisable to book your accommodation in London and start exploring the country.
» Recommendations for a few holiday days:
• Take a boat to Hampton Court to see the luxury villas and early gardens of Great Britain.
• Visit Casa Syon in Bretford and then drive to Cliveden in Berkshire to see the water garden.
• Go to Cotswolds and explore Oxford and Blenheim Palace and its huge parks and then Broughton Castle.
• Drive a little more and visit the Barnsley House and Hidcote mansion, famous for its roses garden.
• Go to Wiltshire to explore the famous XVIII century buildings: Longleat and Stourhead
• don’t miss Salisbury cathedral, then choose Broadlands in Hampshire, former villa of lord Mountbatten
• if you are a nature lover you should go to New Forest in Exbury with huge parks of azalea, magnolia and rhododendrons
• when you arrive in Sussex go to Petworth House, then continue in Kent and visit Great Dixter and the amazing natural garden designed by writer Christopher Lloyd
• if you have anought time you can visit also Sissinghurst, which is considered a jewel speaking about the gardens if England
Tips and advices:
• take an umbrella with you, it can start raining at any time
• don’t visit the gardens and mansions in weekends, it’s to crowdy
• book at least one night in one of the luxury villas
• some villas are closed in some days of the week so you must check before leaving from the hotel to visit
• book your accommodation early for the best offers