Adventure, nature and all kind of open air activities is how should be called a holiday in Slovenia. But to explore more from the amazing landscape of this country you need to travel in summer so you can camp and explore the region hiking, cycling, rafting or simply enjoying a boat trip on the lakes in the area.
Slovenia is situated in Central Europe between Austria, Italy, Croatia and the Adriatic. International flights go to Ljubljana Airport that is also the capital of the country. As the railway services are limited it is better to use buses to travel in the country.
» Recommendations for your holidays:
• Discover Ljubljana, admire the beautiful historic center of the city, and the particular style of architect Joze Plecnik.
• Visit Bled Lake in the Julian Alps, admire the beautiful landscape, visit the castle or cross the lake to St Maria Church.
• you must travel in the Triglav National Park and the best way to explore the area is cycling. You should visit also Tolminska Valley and the picturesque village Pokljuka.
• Travel south to Bohinj, you can join a cruise boat on the lake, go to Savica Waterfalls or take a cable up on the mountain.
• If you like rafting or just want to start now you must go to Bovec, on Soca Valley.
• In this area you should visit the Museum of Kobarid.
• don’t go rafting without a guide, the water is very fast,
• don’t go hiking without a map, compass and clothes. The weather is changing fast and the mountains are very steep.
• if you wish to spend holidays in a holiday villa in 2013 you should book early to get the best offers or get up to 30 % discount on hotel deals.